Our core mission is to reduce incarceration and recidivism. We have identified 6 key areas of reform that we focus on moving forward to support our mission:
- Working to reform mandatory minimum sentences
- Ending over-criminalization by reevaluating and updating outdated felony and high-level misdemeanor crimes
- Promoting rehabilitation over incarceration
- Promoting proper funding of indigent defense
- Ending the death penalty
- Helping former inmates reintegrate back into society
The criminal justice system in Utah, like much of the nation, has many issues that need to be fixed. Our vision is for Utah to embrace a criminal justice system in the future that truly promotes justice while also protecting the liberties of the citizens of this state.